Sunday, March 2, 2014


a few days ago i showed you an encaustic face i tried on my first 

attempt at this medium.  . here are a few other encaustic monoprints 

i did that day.




i made this into a 

thank you card.




i learned that encaustics is a lot of fun.  that

having the equipment out and ready 

encourages me to do a few pieces.

also there are an endless number of avenues in 

which to travel with hot wax....

collage, paint, splatter, texture, embedding.

the only limitation is the mind.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Irene! That was such a magnificent day. I loved it! I can't wait to do it again! You created such wonderful pieces! Such fun! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your connection to your roots and how those roots appear in your work from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an interesting medium! I like your unique thank-you card.

    ReplyDelete