Monday, September 12, 2011

Playing



I never played with dolls as a little girl.  I don't know if it was because I was never given any or if I was too busy playing with animals.  But I had this mannequin in my studio, a little tissue paper and  a little paint.  My first thoughts about what to do were serious, color, line decisions.  



When I found happy face tissue paper among my stash I couldn't resist.  I just had fun and she was transformed .









On  to a journal page.   I brought out all of my red paints.  You can't really tell in this photo but there are five different reads and pinks.




And added more.





I wanted to keep these stencil people from Teesha Moore's workshop.  I like knowing that a touch of Teesha is walking through my page.





Too much red for me today so I toned it down with titan buff.




Then it was too dull so some dots were in order with stencil brushes.   Tanya does large, exuberant  paintings with dots that fill the canvas.  But it was still not complete.




Hangry and Angry, a Japanese fashion duo had to be added to finish off the page.  I love them as they are and didn't alter one thing about them.

2 comments:

  1. Smashing page, Irene! Loved having some insight into your layering process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adore your mannikin and the process and end product of your page!

    ReplyDelete