Monday, October 22, 2018


summer is a distant memory, fall is marching along,

soon to welcome winter.  although in southern 

california season changes are subtle,  it is evident.

looking back,  I am grateful for the fullness of life.







my number one son was married in september

in a beautiful chicago ceremony.  I couldn't be 

more thrilled nor will I forget the look of bliss

on his face all night.  


katelyn wanted some of my art on the table so we decided that

I paint the table numbers.  I decided on painting 4 x 6 canvases.

my friend did the calligraphy numbers.   I love how they turned out!






and I danced the night away.  so much so that 

my heels  disappeared!!




in my paint department, I am adding figures

to my faces.  what fun!!





and I had a birthday.  my friend took

me to one of my favorite places in town, the getty.  

here are some photos from the artist book exhibit.

I tried to capture the artist names but there are a few

that are missing.  I apologize for that.
















these photos do not do justice for the spectacular 

dining room.  the light, the view, the sumptuous fabric

and whimsical art all create a festive mood.  




I have gotten out of the rhythm of my normal art routine

since the excitement and preparations for the wedding.

when I come back down to earth I will resume.  for now,

I enjoy each moment and savor the memories.

I hope all is well with you!  thank you for visiting today!

cheers!



posting with friends today at paint party friday




4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post. I have missed you. Happy belated birthday. It looks like your life is full and that is what matters. Mine too come see me. PS I am taking watercolor classes. I won a scholarship for them. An interesting medium. So glad you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy for you Irene! And, I so love the image of you dancing your heels off! So appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magic of weddings... so beautiful. And that exhibition looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irene, I just checked my spam mail and found your comment from last month there. I am bowing out of PPF but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your checking on me. Congrats on acquiring a new daughter. Your son does look blissful in the photo. Your number cards are gorgeous, but your shoes do look like you danced the night away!

    ReplyDelete