Sunday, May 21, 2017

i am participating in artful adventures

with natalie kalbach.  the idea is that we stroll through

our neighborhood and see with new eyes.  she gives a daily prompt

for us to photograph and post.   i have been posting on 

instagram but will try posting  the photos along with my comments

here as well.   i am posting several prompts here to catch up.

thanks for bearing with me!


home 

i know i'm home when i brush by these Epidendrum orchids 
to enter my front door.  They are from my grandfather's cuttings.  
my mother also had pots of them in various stages and colors.  



fence

a peek through my side fence.



window

i see the garage and sunrise every morning
from my studio window.



ground

today i clear this bit of a space
to make room for a raised bed garden
i grew up with one grandfather who was 
a gardener and another who grew his own 
vegetables in the back yard.  whenever
i touch the soil, i picture them bent over,
nurturing the ground that fed their families.



sky

it's that kind of day.  big clouds, no cars 
on the street, endless dreams.



mailbox

my mailbox is across the street with my neighbors.  
my block is the only block in the city where the mail is not 
delivered in front of the house.  they say it is to save 
the mail person from driving on both sides of the street.  i don't mind.  
i like  chatting with my neighbors at mail time. 










6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are posting on your blog because I can't get instagram on my PC and I don't do phone. LOL I really do like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the artwork of the mailboxes ~ lovely and your home and area is beautiful! ~ thanks for visiting my blog ~

    Happy Week ahead to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspirational photos!! Love the mailbox art....gorgeous!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, too! Did you manipulate it in Photoshop?

    ReplyDelete