Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Catching Up




after traveling for two weeks and dealing with computer issues before that,

i spent a well needed replenishing weekend at a workshop led by 

katie kendricks at studio creshendoh in santa ana, ca.  

under katie's gentle guidance i worked on 7-8  new pieces.

here are a couple of pieces that i started... more work to be done 




it is a welcome relief to let go and allow the prompts 

from someone else take you to places you may 

not have thought to go.  i saw friends there, 

reconnected with other creative folks i that i have met along my 

art journey and  met new friends.  i came away stimulated to do more 

work, reminded that there are no mistakes and that there exists

a large network of people who love creating as much as i do.

this all fed my creative soul.




and catching up and linking with all my paint party friday friends

happy fourth to all my american friends

XO


7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Irene, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a really smashing time at the workshop. Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Irene. Love the work you have started here. So soft and dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you have returned Irene! really liking your WIP, especially the second one, will wait and watch to see where they go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I am wondering if you linked the right post as the link at PPF look me to a post in May, and out of coriousity I found your other lovely work. Good luck with your exhibition.

    ReplyDelete