Sunday, January 13, 2013

It Starts With A Tree


                                          


Danny Gregory's book, Creative License is teaching me to 
look around.  While getting into my car I saw this pine tree.
Normally I would get in and drive off but I sat a while and 
as I sat,  begin to see more and more details in the trunk.






A quick sketch and I almost stopped







without noticing at first the three background trees, 
and the hill, the flags, the greenery.  I could sketch this again 
and again adding color details, selecting different parts, abstracting 
the tree, endless possibilities, widening vision, taking time to see.







Wishing you a lovely Sunday.  








2 comments:

  1. It was a lovely Sunday :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking the time to observe often times is a luxury. Great that you are doing just that, observing!

    ReplyDelete