Saturday, February 15, 2014


day 15

29 faces




a non dominant hand self portrait on deli paper

glued to a journal page.  this is the beginning of the journal

spread.  it was done in a group of five.  each of us

gave a prompt one at a time.  we added the prompt

to the pages in our own style.  the self portrait was my prompt.  

from here the group will continue giving a prompt every other week.

we will work them on the same spread until we feel it is finished.  the 

first time we went around for twelve prompts. 

since we all live in different cities we are thinking of posting our work somewhere.

if you haven't drawn with your non dominant hand in a while

you are in for a treat.  try it, won't you?


4 comments:

  1. What a fun time it was being at your house and journaling as we did! I love the prompt process. I can't wait to see what we come up with in the end. To think our spread we are working on now started at your house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great result for a portrait done with your non dominant hand. I have tried it before but with awful results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting. I would like to see all the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was amazed the other day to find that using my 'other hand' for blind contour drawing didn't look too much different! Interesting.

    ReplyDelete