Friday, October 24, 2014







bird quality

one day a dove perched on the ledge

of my fountain.  he balanced

trying over and over to get

a sip of water, never realizing

the water line was too low to reach.

but he didn't seem to mind.

it's a bird quality: try again.

i'll remember that as i write:

perch on the ledge,

bend over, fall in.

published in onthebus




my friend lorraine said that the clearing and 

decluttering process i have been into these last

two weeks is like a cleansing.  it has also been an opportunity

to remember and revisit dusty former parts of myself.

i found this poem i wrote.  i could substitute paint for write.

so i have wandered into another medium utilizing the same process.  

i took an afternoon off to paint.

i was delighted with what came to me.

posting with paint party friday
and weekly hostesses kristin and eva



sending you best wishes for a lovely weekend.

X O X O 








15 comments:

  1. sweet picture. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should take an afternoon off to paint. The results are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene, I love the drip of green in the yellow. Beautiful, vibrant colors, and a delightful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought the biggest smile to my face. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful writing and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely painting Irene, and a great reward.
    There are so many treasure within the whole, just like life, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a wonderful piece of writing... and the artwork is simply amazing as well... decluttering obviously is inspiring you...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, it makes me smile with it's happy face and happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous artwork and writing... a lesson in that poem... just wonderful. Glad you are finding those dusty bits. They seem to have great value!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I love this painting Irene-and your poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of color and form in the painting! The colors together are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your words and image match so well. Beautiful statement of heart and emotions. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most amazing writing about the bird desiring a drink. If we just look around us we see the most amazing things in life. Some are very simple and you made the idea complex by connecting what you saw to how you drive your life. You make me smile. I am so glad I know you. I love the boldness in your color choices for your first piece on this blog entry. I am calling it Teddy because I am reminded of a teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete