Friday, February 17, 2017



hello,

for the past seven days using a limited palate in 10 minutes 

i joined in with friends and posted on instagram.  this is

one of the quick paintings.   i later added collage.








and a journal spread 







i am painting over previously painted canvases like this one.








i attended a retrospective of  frank romero's art 

at the museum of latin american art in long beach.

he is  a los ángeles artist raised in boyle heights, where i grew up.

he depicts los ángeles since the 70's and has been prolific!   

some of his murals depict the history of mexican american in la. 

he uses vibrant colors with bold brush strokes.  the energy from his 

paintings is palatable.   i will need to go back to again to

be able to appreciate the scope of his work.






this is the study of  the mural  he painted along the freeway  for the 1984 olympics.  










Happy Friday with wishes for an enjoyable weekend!

posted with paint party friday friends. 






18 comments:

  1. Love your paintings and collage, and the art you visited. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art of yours and thanks for sharing great photos.
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are doing such beautiful work for the challenge! I enjoyed seeing the art exhibit through you as well, you may have motivated me to visit the museum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. marvelous art projects Irene-love that first one! Thanks for sharing the art exhibit too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work Irene.
    Thanks for sharing Frank Romero's work with me last Sunday.
    Love the color vibrancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the limited palette work. Also a good idea to revisit and redo old painting to make something new! I must do that...I have a lot of old stored art I could redo! The murals are vibrant...nice to be introduced to this artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vase of flowers is gorgeous! Loved California in the 70s', especially the colorful car. Thanks for sharing! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just too much fun going on in Southern CA! Love your quick works and then the added collage. Total success! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your vase of flowers...and great 10 works too!! Wow that is an amazing exhibit. Very vibrant fun artwork!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful paintings but my fave is the opening abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post. I love your first piece so much. Something about it stirs me. I too paint over old painted canvas. For some reason the second time around brings new energy. My Nan introduced me to Frank Romero's art. Wish I could be there to see it up close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love collage and your colorful creations too ~ and the mural is delightful ~ thanks for coming by ~

    Wishing you a happy day ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of interesting artwork to view, Irene. Your limited palette collage is gorgeous. Also, I like your journal pages. Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow lovely collages, very intereting ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that first collage. It looks so natural. And the heart you turned into flowers. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE that 10min collage. The colours work so well and it feels wonderfully loose and free.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your beautiful florals!! Wow Romero is awesome..love his work. Was he not paired with Thomas Fedro for a while. I thought I used to get an email with both of them had a business together. I could be wrong. Another amazing post!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete