Saturday, February 16, 2013

Daylight

oil pastel, collage on bristol paper



my friend is going to turkey soon.

so today as i draw this asian face 

i am transported to another world.

i remember sitting in a dimly lit 12th century camel stop

with immense ceilings and archways 

as whirling dervishes 

twirl to the rhythm of 

ancient sounds 

in search of rapture 





image from www.wittisstambul.com



with  the glint of day

once again i found my way

ah, i am not lost



haiku from my heart linked to friends at rebecca's site

9 comments:

  1. Lovely Irene! I love to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful haiku ~ and fantastic painting ~ love the asian face ^_^

    thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Irene...the smile on this face, transports. Someday I would love to travel to Turkey...it's on my list.

    x...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the search of light and rapture,
    one is always in the center of their perfect home.
    thank you for sharing yours with us.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I look at this piece I just want to know what she is thinking. Giving the viewer the desire for more information is a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicate and lovely face you have created. And I love the warm feeling your haiku gave me. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really a lovely piece Irene! You've captured something wonderful here.

    ReplyDelete