Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Buried Treasure




Today I am reposting a favorite post from February 1st of this year and joining others in linking to  Seth Apter's Buried Treasures collaborative.  Seth's idea is that "There are so many brilliant artists out there but so little time to explore all their work fully.  This gives us all an opportunity to see highlights from posts we may have missed from so many of our favorite bloggers."  Visit Seth at The Altered Page to explore the work of  others.






WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012

"T
journal page, photo, acrylic



The Pacific Ocean beckons, arms wide to embrace the totality of life,

a reminder that each day is unique, each moment a lifetime.

I still stop my car at the sight of a sunset as I did

a quarter of a century ago with

my son in his infant seat.   "Look

at the sky," I would say and point to another

flawless horizon as we sat to watch the last 

of the persimmon colored embers transform the sky, 

then drive the  three blocks home in the silence

reflected under clouds.

3 comments:

  1. Growing up in Montana I did not realize until one of my first trips home after moving here exactly why they call it "Big Sky Country". I miss Montana summer skies and the amazing thunder & lightning shows. Yet California has it's own beauty. Thank you for reminding me, it gives me a smile Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,too, live under a big sky with sunrises and sunsets. A good way to start and end the day. Happy spots they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bella, beautiful post, lovely sentiment... life is short, la dolce vita...

    ReplyDelete