Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First there are the pages, then the journals




I like including black and white ancestral family photos, serene, serious Japanese faces watching over me.   Here are my Iwataki grandparents, my aunts and uncles an my dear mother.




She is diving into a pool of raspberries.  How bad can that be?







Two busy pages ready for my words to be squeezed in.  I admire Judy Wise's journals, so full of her life with her meticulous printing.  I asked her how she writes so neatly.  Years of practice.  When I told her I often can't read my writing she suggested I write slower.  I am trying that but often have to catch myself writing fast and illegibly.




I am a regular early morning customer at neighborhood Malaga Ranch Market for my cup of coffee, writing, dreaming while looking out the window at this view.  It is usually Noone (an Armenian name pronounced noon-e) or one of her family members and me greeting each other and catching up on the comings and goings of our life.




Page by page,  journals by journal.  These were made in 2008 and 2009.




Journals and poetry chap books together on an end table waiting to be picked up and read.



A special place for my recent journals.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone writes at a different pace depending on the reason. You are probably pouring your heart out onto the page as you write fast. Don't compare your journaling to another's. We are all different in our styles. It is fun to play with new ways of doing things, just don't beat yourself up over it.;)
    Love seeing so many journals!!!

    ReplyDelete