Saturday, July 23, 2011

This week

I saw this from across the room in an office and was attracted to the colors.  Then I saw there was an image, then the words.  

                                                         My sight, my heart, 
                                                         my life. . . .  
                                                         All three words I have woven into one. 
                                                         LOVE 

                                                         Rumi


I painted a few more colorful creatures for my series.


Had my local hardware person, Tim  cut a 6 inch squeegee down to 4 inches~~ it is so cute~~ I couldn't wait to play and make some backgrounds.


Watched this guy bloom.


Into this beauty three days later.  I don't know the name of this plant that was given to me years ago but it blooms faithfully every year.




Attended this opening at the Palos Verdes Art Center with 
Barry Markowitz's amazing metal leafing and inspired drawings.


Went to the Hollywood Bowl (actually, last week)  on a beautiful LA evening, felt the light sink into the evening, the Hollywood hills as a backdrop, picnicked with friends and listened to the jazz trumpet by Chris Botti.  Michael Buble sang My Funny valentine as a surprise guest!  I felt like I was in a dreamy movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment